Friday 22 January 2010

Semester Exam

Congratulations to everyone for studying very diligently for the semester exam. We had our usual assortment of grades: A's, B's C's and for the first time this year, grades lower than C.

I know some of you are disappointed with your results and I have options for you that may help. They will not help change your grade for this semester but they might help you do better in the second semester. Remember you need at 85% for the year to move on to geometry in grade 9.

This blog is one of the things I am going to try to see if it helps you improve not just your grade but your UNDERSTANDING of the algebra concepts. I am not interested in your grade - although you and your parents may be. I am interested in you understanding our algebra concepts SO WELL that you can use them to work any problem.

Toward that end, I will be blogging about our math lessons and send you a link so you can read and think about the concepts.

I hope this is one more thing that will make a difference in your understanding of algebra!

No comments:

Post a Comment